The big debate in climate tech. Plus Jancis Robinson
We’ll send you a myFT Daily Digest email rounding up the latest FT Weekend podcast news every morning.
This week, we talk through the most compelling technology being developed to combat climate change, with FT business columnist and climate expert Pilita Clark. And there’s a big debate among scientists: should we focus on older technology, such as solar and wind, or the latest innovations like direct carbon capture and even nuclear fusion? Then, wine columnist Jancis Robinson gives Lilah her holiday drink recommendations, and discusses one of the year's most controversial trends: canned and boxed wine. According to Jancis, we should be taking it seriously.
You can email us at email@example.com. We’re on Twitter @ftweekendpod, and Lilah is on Instagram and Twitter @lilahrap.
Links and mentions from the episode:
– Listen to the latest season of Tech Tonic, hosted by Pilita here https://www-ft-com.ezp-prod1.hul.harvard.edu/tech-tonic, or wherever you get your podcasts
– Pilita’s columns are https://www-ft-com.ezp-prod1.hul.harvard.edu/pilita-clark
– the latest from Jancis at the FT: https://www-ft-com.ezp-prod1.hul.harvard.edu/life-arts/jancis-robinson
– Jancis has her own very active website at https://www.jancisrobinson.com/. It features her brand new podcast: https://www.jancisrobinson.com/articles/we-launch-podcast
– Pilita is on Twitter @pilitaclark. Jancis is at @jancisrobinson.
Read a transcript of this episode on FT.com